SALLY’s award-winning interactive dark ride to debut at THREE more Six Flags parks in 2017!
Six Flags Magic Mountain, Six Flags Great Adventure, and Six Flags Over Georgia in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, has announced the addition of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis to its world-class lineup of thrill rides in 2017. This multi-sensory, interactive dark ride received global recognition as the Best New Product by the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, was named one of the Top Ten Amusement Park Attractions of the Year by USA Today readers and named Best New Attraction by Theme Park Insider.
Designed and built by Sally Corporation, the Jacksonville, Florida-based dark ride specialists, who enlisted Alterface Projects, the video interactive systems experts out of Belgium, the climactic interactive battle scenes between the Super Heroes and Super Villains include a multitude of special effects and thrilling ride experiences. Guests shoot targets and score points against their friends and family while traveling on a high speed chase through the streets of Metropolis.
“This ride is a game-changer and without question one of the most innovative, interactive and exciting attractions we have ever undertaken,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald. “The world-class game play and cutting-edge technology will have guests fully engaged in non-stop action.”
Six Flags Magic Mountain’s version, JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis — Ride. Play. Triumph., is the next generation of the award-winning Six Flags ride. It will feature a spectacular new finale, new game targets and the introduction of one of DC’s hottest Super-Villains, Harley Quinn.
In a high-stakes clash between good and evil, guests will become members of the Justice League Reserve team and engage in a full-sensory journey to save the city of Metropolis as they battle alongside Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Supergirl and Cyborg against Super Villains Lex Luthor and The Joker.
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis features:
• 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist and fog effects, plus life-like animatronic characters;
• Sleek, six-passenger, motion-platform cars that twist, tilt and spin while going through hairpin, 360-degree turns, all synched to the action on the screens;
• Intense virtual loop and barrel roll, giving riders the head-over-heels feeling;
• High definition, 3D animation that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis; and
• State-of-the-art, real-time gaming elements including 600 virtual and tangible targets.
JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis — Ride. Play. Triumph. at Six Flags Magic Mountain features:
• A 23,624 square foot HALL OF JUSTICE to house the full-sensory thrill ride;
• A 4D ride experience with wind, fire, mist, fog and special effects;
• Life-like animatronic characters including Harley Quinn, Cyborg, The Joker and his Henchmen, and Lex Bots;
• A dramatic fight as the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team travels through laughing gas and flames in 10 high intensity scenes;
• One of the first-ever virtual loops, giving riders the feeling of going head over heels;
• High-definition 3D animation shown on the first-ever, 180-degree interactive toroidal screens that fully immerses riders into the city of Metropolis;
• State-of-the-art Gaming elements that put the riders into the interactive content where they compete with friends and family;
• 6-passenger pitch and roll motion-based vehicles with multi-degrees-of-freedom to transport riders through all the exciting twists and turns without limitations, and
• Two pre-show rooms featuring larger-than-life interactive characters.
For more information about Six Flags Magic Mountain’s new 2017 attraction, including a video, visit
For more information about next season at Six Flags Great Adventure, visit https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/newfor2017
For more information about Six Flags Over Georgia‘s new 2017 attraction, visit https://www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia/newsfor2017
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com
JUSTICE LEAGUE and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics (s16)